Sunday, November 18, 2007

The Realization or "How To Walk Into a Wall"

I had hard times for a few years, nothing went right. I can't say who or what started the snowball to avalanche to epic devastation. All I know is, I got through it. And I type here today reflecting on those few years as a learning experience. Every now and again we all have tough times, you might think. Yeah, every now and again. Mine happened to be a non stop barrage of events that left me on a proverbial ground. cold, beaten and lonely. It was a hole that I had to get out of. In the process of getting out of that hole and even learning to "walk" again after being beaten and held down, it was that I realized the path I was on was not one that I wanted anymore.

In this "healing" time I had much to reflect on, people I have met, things I have done and careers I have pursued; I wanted to be happy again. I thought searching in material things I could find happiness, but I realized that I had to be passionate about it. I thought of a lot of jobs that I have held that made me happy. Firefighting was something I had pursued.

I took it upon myself to do a number of station visits, get my EMT-1 cert and get back in shape. It just turns out that this year, 2008, is the year for getting into a fire career. And so it began.

No comments: